Sunday, April 5, 2009
The first big surgery
Ellie's surgery is Tuesday. Tomorrow we get to do the lovely pre-op. Ellie hates to be stuck by needles so this could be rather interesting. The surgery is Tuesday at 7:30 am. It is scheduled for 8 hours....a long day awaits. Ellie will be in ICU for 24-48 hours and then in a room for another 3-5 days. She will look pretty rough for a while....a lot of facial swelling and probably black eyes, as well as an incision on the top of her head. Many of you know our story and saw Alex right after our accident 11 years ago. Needless to say this will be a bit hard on me...but I also know that God loves this momma and this too is all a part of His healing within me. Vanderbilt is an incredible place and this time we are there for a positive reason. Many of you have been reading my blog since I started writing over a year ago...Thank you all for your continual prayers and support. God has this family on an amazing journey that could only be scripted by Him...thank you for being a part of our journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have been following your blog for quite some time (I have a SN grandson from Luoyang) and will be praying for Ellie and for all of you during this long surgery. Ellie is a beautiful girl and I will be praying that this surgery will bring her a happy result.
Post a Comment