As you have read before, there is a young American that is volunteering in Ellie's orphanage. Most of the information we have received about Ellie has come from Michael. He recently wrote another email to me telling more about our little one.
....I have spent much more time with Ellie lately, she really is a delight, Lori! She is so shy and bashful on the surface, but has so much depth behind it. It's funny to watch the contrast between Xiao Wang and BingXun - you couldn't find two more different girls, but they are the best of friends. They are in cribs next to each other and are always chatting - actually, it's more like BingXun is always chatting and XiaoWang is always listening and smiling. She initially seems very reserved, but is actually very affectionate.... I don't think she has any fears, because I don't think she's fully grasped that there is going to be a transition that can be scary. We've talked about it a good bit, and I frequently ask her "who loves XiaoWang?". She usually bashfully says "I don't know", but after hesitation and thinking, she'll ultimately say "my new mommy and daddy". We'll keep working on this. I know you can't wait to be with her - I can't imagine how difficult the separation must be, but I know I will experience it in a different iteration when I ultimately return to the US...(a portion of an email from Michael)
a little side note...yes she is still in a crib. I know from being there that the orphange is very crowded. She is one of the few who do not have to share a crib...the older kids do have a twin size bed but many of them also have to share.
...bashful, listening, smiling, deep thinker... that sounds like one God has already blessed us with.
Please continue to pray with us that God will or perhaps already has prepared her heart. I am still struck by the meaning given to her by the orphanage (to know or to show hope). I know that God is the author of her life, including her name. May she truly know hope; may she fully understand the adoption into our family; may she fully understand what it means to be a daughter of our Heavenly Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment